1. Click Layout ►
2. Enable the Bitmap option.
3. Click Browse.
4. Choose a file format from the Files of type list box.
5. Locate the folder in which the file is stored.
6. Double-click the filename.
7. Enable one of the following options:
• Linked — links the bitmap to the drawing so that changes
made to the source file are reflected in the bitmap background
• Embedded — embeds the bitmap in the drawing so that changes
made to the source file are not reflected in the bitmap background
If you want the background to be printed and exported with the
drawing, enable the Print and export background check box.
8. Enable one of the following options:
• Default size — lets you use the bitmap’s current size
• Custom size — lets you specify the dimensions of the
bitmap. Type values in the H and V boxes.
If you want to specify nonproportional height and width values,
disable the Maintain aspect ratio check box.
• If the bitmap is smaller than the drawing page, it is tiled across
the drawing page. If it is larger than the drawing page, it is
cropped to fit the drawing page.
• A background bitmap is not an object and cannot be edited.