To set PDF file permissions
Publish to PDF.
3. Click the
4. Enable the Permission password check box.
5. Type a password in the
6. Retype the password in the
Confirm Permission password box.
7. In the
Printing permissions box, choose one of the following
• None — lets users view the PDF on-screen but prevents them from
printing the PDF file
• Low resolution — lets users print a low resolution version of the
PDF file. This option is available for PDF files compatible with
Adobe Acrobat 5 or higher.
• High resolution — lets users print a high resolution version of
the PDF file
8. In the
Editing permissions box, choose one of the following
• None — prevents users from editing the PDF file
• Any except extracting pages — lets users edit the PDF file but
prevents them from removing pages from the file
If you want to allow copying of content from the PDF file to other
documents, enable the Enable copying of text, images, and other
contents check box.
• The Permission password is the master password for the document.
It can be used by the file owner to set permissions, or to open the
file if an Open password is set.