1. Click View ►
Grid and ruler setup.
2. In the Document list of categories, click Rulers.
3. In the Units area, choose a unit of measurement from the
Horizontal list box.
If you want to use a different unit of measurement for the vertical
ruler, disable the Same units for horizontal and vertical rulers
check box, and choose a unit of measurement from the Vertical list
4. In the Origin area, type values in the following boxes:
5. Type a value in the Tick divisions box.
• If you change the unit of measurement for rulers, the unit of
measurement for nudge distances automatically changes as well,
unless you first disable the Same units for duplicate distance,
nudge and rulers check box in the Nudge area.
• You can access ruler settings directly by double-clicking a ruler.
• You can specify nudge settings by typing values in the Nudge,
Super nudge, and Micro nudge boxes in the Nudge area.